Homemade Crusty Bread
It used to take me more than three hours to cook a loaf of bread in my Bread Maker and it never came out crusty. Problem solved...out went the Bread Maker in came the Cast Iron pot with lid (which btw, is multi-purpose as I use it to cook casseroles and soups too).
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- you can add seeds like pumpkin, chia, sesame
- mix all dry ingredients together add water and mix
- do not over mix, place beeswax wrap over bowl
- set aside overnight preferable 12-18 hours to rise
- next day pre-heat oven on 220 degrees celsius
- put empty cast iron pot with lid in oven for 20 mins
- flour a cutting board put dough on flour and coat
- fold edges in and shape the dough into round
- you don’t need to knead the dough
- take out cast iron pot from oven and put in dough
- no need for grease paper with cast iron pot
- place in oven with lid on for 30 minutes
- then take off lid and bake a further 20 mins
- let cool, or not...ENJOY!
Leave a Reply.